Whether you're looking to gain a little hands-on experience in your field, fulfill hours towards Service Learning, or simply lend your support where it's needed, Lifeline offers (and depends on) a range of volunteer positions! Take a minute and browse your way through our list of current and ongoing volunteer positions and if you see something you like, simply apply!
Current Volunteer Opportunites
Lifeline Needs Volunteers for the 2011/2012 Tax Season!
- Marketing - Spread the word about free tax preparation services available through the EITC Tax Assistance Program! (Help needed beginnign in October).
- Translator - Must be fully fluent in English and another language. Translate between volunteer tax preparer and client.
- Intake Specialist - Contact clients via telephone to assess eligibility based on pre-written questions; schedule appointments for eligible clients. Contact clients the day before their appointment ot remind them of their scheduled commitment. Bilingual skills helpful.
- Receptionist - Prepare client folders for tax preparers; greet and make clients comfortable at site. Provide literature on financial literacy and affordable health care services to clients. Assist with site set-up.
- IT Support - Assist with computer support. Only basic computer literacy needed. On-call volunteer position. Should be available by phone during arranged shift of volunteer service.
- Administration - Help prepare intake packets, assure that there are sufficient copies of all needed forms. Help the Intake Specialists with call backs if necessary and assist with other office duties as needed.
Program runs December - April. Training and orientation provided. Four hours per week minimum.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- Translate agency documents between English and Spanish
- Provide clerical support to various service departments
- Complete curcial data entry projects
- Provide mediation services in schools and courts (training required)
- Provide legal consultations (attorneys only, please)
- Masters/Practicum level internshios in Marriage and Family Therapy and Counseling Psychology
- B.A. level internships in Counseling and Social Services Intake
Youth Development Clubs
- Provide middle school students with a positive role model
- Teach arts and crafts, sports, or other activities/hobbies of interest
- Tutor students needing academic assistance
- Programs run all year, witha one semester minimum commitment
Background check, drug screen, TB test and fingerprinting required.
Be an On-Call Volunteer
- Put your name or group's name on a call list for short-term projects with an immediate need
- Volunteer or volunteer group chooses to accept or pass on eahc project
- Project examples: sepcial event planning, periodic mass mailings, fundraising efforts temporary clerical assistance, copying and restocking projects, typing needs, interpretation or tranlation needs, clean-up days
Volunteer Your Group, Company or Organization
- Adopt a particular program or component
- Collect donations of personal and/or food items for Lifeline clients
- Adopt a beautification porject in order to make Lifeline more comfortable for clients and the community
- Beyond standard group activities like hosting a fundraiser or donation drive, we are eager to match the talents of your organization with the needs of ours. Contact Lifeline's Volunteer Coordinator at
to share your group's service interests!
Apply to one of the position above.
For more information on Lifeline's Volunteer Program, contact the
- (760) 842-6254.