- This position functions as the key contact person for receiving client progress inquiries from designated third-party referral sources and responding to them in a timely manner, consistent with confidentiality requirements.
- Attend assigned County provider meetings to record and facilitate implementation of changes to DMC-ODS processes specifically regarding SanWITS, program files, and others identified by Program Manager.
- Provides word processing support including general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, reports, meeting agendas and minutes, forms, and flow charts. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Inputs and or provides data for the Quarterly Status Report (QSR) and the Staffing Status Report (SSR) for submission by the TLR Program Manager.
- Creates flyers, brochures, or other computer graphics. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Enters TLR client information and encounters into the appropriate databases.
- Collaborates closely with TLR Program Manager and QA Specialist to complete and ensure billing is submitted accurately and timely.
- Aggregates demographic and outcome data for TLR clients; creates and runs queries and reports.
- Assists with tracking and monitoring program spending.
- Assists program staff by maintaining program funded incentives and support. As well as assisting with incidental client purchases as needed when program staff are unavailable.
- Completes required reports for approval by the Program Manager
- Maintains program files, develops and maintains an organized, HIPAA compliant filing system for both physical and electronic files, resulting in easy retrieval of information.
- Assists in the development of various manuals.
- Participates in staff meetings, supervision, training and other required agency and community meetings.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s level education preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred. Must be have strong knowledge and skill in a variety of computer software applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and ability to work in Access databases. 10-key by touch, Excel computer formulas, and ACCPAC knowledge helpful. This position requires strong time management skills, exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and flexibility. Position requires the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision. Must demonstrate a high level of initiative with the ability to write and communicate in a professional manner, including accurate spelling and grammar. Ability to type 50 WPM. Reliable transportation, valid California Driver’s license, and current automobile insurance required.
Compensation and Benefits
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Your well-being matters at North County Lifeline!
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy
Pay Range Salary will commensurate with experience and education. Differential pay offered for bilingual skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to the schools /client homes. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer.
40 hours a week (Monday to Friday)