Child Activity Helper
The North County Lifeline (following referred to as Lifeline) Parent Support Service’s purpose is to provide drop in services for children between the ages of 2-12 during designated session times. This program provides the opportunity for the parent/guardian to meet with Lifeline staff/interns/trainees confidentially if needed, without the child(ren) present and/or for the siblings of the child to not be in the scheduled session. In addition, this will increase the safety of the child(ren) beyond the lobby area.
Assist current Lifeline staff with taking care of children during scheduled sessions and be available to provide childcare as needed upon absence of lead Lifeline staff.• Assist with planning/implementing and participating in individual and group activities for children ages 2 to 12 years of age, such as arts and crafts, games, painting, etc.
• Manage the set-up/preparation and clean-up of materials for planned activities and projects.
• Facilitate program activities to ensure fun and safety for participants.
• Organize and store toys or materials to ensure order in the activity room.
• Monitor sign-in process for the children attending childcare services.
• Work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers to provide quality activities.
• Work well with and be supportive of children while monitoring children’s play activities.
• Must be reliable, responsible and have a superior attendance record.
• Must maintain confidentiality of participants.
• Perform other duties as assigned necessary to maintain program quality and compliance.
• Experience with children of all ages, creative, patient, kind, compassionate, fun, high energy.
• High School Diploma or GED, prefer some college child development classes or some experience in an Early Childhood setting, and /or at least one-year experience working with children.
• CPR & First Aid Certificate highly desired.
• Professional or volunteer work with children’s groups is highly desirable.
• Be able to perform general physical activities - stooping, bending, and lifting up to 20lbs.
• On-call opportunities also available *