- Develop Lifeline’s brand by refining and communicating existing key messages.
- Plan annual low-cost marketing strategies with the purpose of increasing financial and volunteer support for Lifeline’s mission, including a publishing schedule/editorial calendar.
- Manage the Lifeline website to include ongoing content updates, coordination with website vendor, and website development as needed.
- Create a PR strategy. Write press releases and build relationships with media with the goal of increasing Lifeline’s presence in the media.
- Manage Lifeline’s social media content, implementation, and strategy.
- Work with Lifeline program managers to create content for Lifeline’s website, e-newsletter, email blasts, and social media.
- Coordinate and manage production of videos and presentations. Work with videographers, photographers, designers, and other vendors as appropriate to develop themes and scripts.
- Assist with the coordination, production and execution of mailings to support marketing.
- Increase community support of Lifeline through volunteerism, cash donations, and donation drives (such as Backpack Drives or Adopt-A-Family).
- Maintain program brochures.
- Monitor North County Lifeline’s brand by approving fliers, invitations, and promotional handouts.
- Write and produce engaging monthly internal newsletter (Lifetimes).
- Provide/present events and communication reports and/or announcements to management as needed.
- Attends monthly Management Team meeting as required..
General Office Administration
- Plan and implement Lifeline’s annual events strategy, alongside the AED of Philanthropy.
- Execute Lifeline’s community engagement events including planning, facilities, solicitation, messaging, materials, volunteer coordination, and budget.
- Attend and support Lifeline program events to provide marketing support and content, ensuring that events are photographed and documented as appropriate for marketing purposes.
- Attend community events to promote Lifeline’s mission and engagement opportunities.
- Seek leadership roles in appropriate community, civic, and networking, and business development organizations (Service Clubs, Chambers of Commerce, Local Businesses, etc).
- Work evening and weekend events as needed.
- Maintain prospect, vendor, media, and other constituent data in the CRM database.
- Periodically lift and carry office supplies and/or small furnishings up to 20 pounds.
- Must demonstrate a trauma informed, culturally competent approach to providing services and interacting with staff and clientele.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
A bachelor's degree in communications, public relations or a relevant field and some experience are necessary for this job. This position requires proven communication and interpersonal skills with a commitment to teamwork and Lifeline’s mission. The candidate must develop expertise in communicating Lifeline’s mission persuasively in written and spoken English. Spanish language skills a plus. This position requires a candidate who can take initiative and is a self-starter. The position will interact with staff and volunteers across Lifeline. The successful candidate will work well both in a team and independently. Experience with communications, social media, content writing, and events required. Must possess public speaking skills, creativity, and passion for the mission. Ability and interest in working some evenings, holidays, and weekends. Strong computer skills (i.e. desktop design and publishing, Adobe Creative suite and MS Office skills) required.
Compensation and Benefits
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Your well-being matters at North County Lifeline!
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy
Pay Range Salary will commensurate with experience and education. Differential pay offered for bilingual skills.
Work is performed in combination of settings including working remotely from home, working in a standard office environment, and working within in the community. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to locations using personal vehicle; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Full- time 40 hours per week- Monday – Friday
Weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed