- Arriving promptly at 7:30am every Tuesday to meet supervisor at The Drop- in Center at North County Lifeline Vista Campus. Supervisor will leave at 7:30am providing transportation for Volunteer to local grocery store.
- Assisting supervisor shop for large quantity of groceries to feed LifeSpring clients for the week.
- Loading and unloading groceries from car.
- Dividing groceries for each family.
- Being cautious and mindful of food allergies, by making sure each families food has been bagged accurately.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Compensation and Benefits
- Organization skills
- Being detail-oriented
- Having high energy
- Demonstrate awareness of trauma-informed, client-driven, and culturally sensitive care
- Being open and flexible to new tasks that may be requested by program staff
- Culturally sensitive, respectful, welcoming, non-judgmental, punctual, empathetic, and committed
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Serving the community by providing your time to help with food distribution to low income families.
- Networking opportunities and free trainings
- Professional development in the field of Social Services
TB Test, Drug Screening, and Live Scan Background Check
- masks/face coverings required onsite (regardless of vaccination status), social distancing enforced, vaccine encouraged
- North County Lifeline Vista Campus- The Drop-in Center. Albertsons in Vista (transportation from Vista Campus to Albertsons provided by supervisor.)
- Tuesdays from 7:30am-10:30am
- At least six months or one semester commitment expected