- Assist Program Manager in developing and implementing the Drop in Center’s policy and Procedures.
- Create a safe, welcoming and supportive environment to engage YYA’s.
- Provide basic needs assistance (food, water, new clothing, hygiene products, access to shower and do laundry, etc.)
- Engage and promote YYA’s social & emotional well-being.
- Connect YYA’s to non-housing resources based on their needs.
- Connect YYA to the Housing Navigator and Clinical Case Manager that will provide more intensive case management.
- Empower YYA’s to make their own personal decisions by providing all their options and allowing them to explore what they feel is best for them.
- Create, organize and facilitate the various groups and outings.
- Participate in the collaborative meetings with other community partners and connect with the Youth Action Board (YAB) to ensure the program is staying youth focused.
- Participate in HOY Case Conferencing with partners
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with community partners.
- Initiate and organize outreach efforts
- Participate in weekly supervision with Program Manager.
- Maintain confidentiality except in mandated reporting situations and where valid, legal releases have been obtained or the release is otherwise permitted by law.
- Remains culturally sensitive and respectful in all YYA and staff interactions.
- Maintains documentation utilizing agency forms and formats.
- Participate in trainings to promote development and growth.
- Participates in staff meetings, supervision, training programs, and other meetings in accordance with Lifeline.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicant must have lived experience and have knowledge on how to navigate systems. BA preferred or enrolled in college courses. Belief in the purpose of North County Lifeline and our mission, vision, core values, and philosophy.
Compensation and Benefits
Provide services within the boundaries of their professional training. Possess a good understanding of the homeless issue here in San Diego, human development, mental health, and substance use and how that impacts daily functioning. Strong skills in rapport building, assessments, goal setting, and motivating YYA’s. Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with other program and agency staff. Ability to focus on multiple priorities and meet deadlines. Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work evenings as necessary to meet YYA’s needs. Successful completion of multi-state criminal background check.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Your well-being matters at North County Lifeline!
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy
Pay Range Salary will commensurate with experience and education. Differential pay offered for bilingual skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to attend meetings throughout San Diego County. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
M-F Full time- non -exempt
Times may vary per individual client needs (may include evening and weekends).