- Helps teens and adolescents ages 12-17 understand how recovery services work, and works with them to identify needs and overcome obstacles preventing effective participation in services.
- Helps youth identify and access informal support people and involve them in the treatment plan.
- Provides information to youth about health, wellness and recovery, and helps them practice these skills.
- Works closely with SUD Counselors and Therapists to ensure that services are client-driven.
- Helps youth feel supported throughout the recovery process by aiding in self-advocacy and assisting them in finding their voice in the treatment process.
- Provides case management services. Connects youth and families to appropriate resources linkages in the community.
- Participates in peer support training program.
- Completes progress notes in SanWITS within defined timelines, and participates in program’s Quality Assurance process.
- Performs outreach activities within the schools and community as designated in county contract.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Personal experience in SUD recovery services between the ages of 12 and 17 is required. Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred but not required. Also preferred is two years community-based social service or case management experience. Knowledge of North County resources desired. SanWITS experience preferred but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Possesses advanced knowledge that is primarily intellectual in character and includes exercising discretion and independent judgment
Establish and maintains effective working relationships while showing open mindedness and a collaborative spirit. Compatibility with agency purpose, goals, philosophy, and approach. Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for their work. Utilizes a creative approach to problem solving. Interactions with others reflect a spirit of honesty, humbleness, and self-awareness. Accepts constructive criticism with a positive attitude and willingness to implement change. Ability to work well independently and demonstrate appropriate initiative. Must demonstrate knowledge of trauma Informed, client driven, and culturally competent care.
Reliable transportation. Must have a California driver license and good driving record. Willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed). Employment subject to clearances, including background finger printing checks, driving record, tuberculosis testing, and drug testing.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Your well-being matters at North County Lifeline!
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy
Pay Range Salary will commensurate with experience and education. Differential pay offered for bilingual skills. EEO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Travel is required to client homes. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer.
Non-exempt, Full-time, 40 hours a week- Monday – Friday- Flexible hours (may include evenings and weekends)