- Responsible for implementing the CCH programs under the guidance of the Program Supervisor and Site Coordinator.
- Meets the program performance outcomes as outlined in contract with City of Oceanside and other funding sources.
- Attends meetings and training seminars as required.
- Under the guidance of the Program Supervisor and Site Coordinator, helps to develop program curriculum and schedule activities, including STEM activities, tutoring, educational field trips, community events, and others as needed.
- Plans program activities, completing program calendar in advance, keeping it up to date and making it available to parents, staff and youth.
- Assists other Youth Development Programs with referrals and enrollment.
- Assist and participate in agency activities as needed.
- Facilitates the day-to-day planning, supervision and implementation of the program and provides age appropriate activities and events for youth.
- Arranges sport, recreational and enrichment activities on a daily basis.
- Coordinates program activities in alignment with the monthly schedule.
- Maximizes safety of the environment and activities for participants and staff.
- Interacts and communicates in a positive manner with youth, parents, school administrators, City of Oceanside representatives and staff to ensure smooth operation of the program.
- Provides direct service and supervision to youth participants as required.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with schools and other youth-serving organizations.
- Monitors and evaluates youth progress and participation to ensure contract compliance.
- Serves as a mentor and positive role model to youth.
- Maintains accurate attendance and participation records.
- Attends monthly team meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
: The position may require varying duties based on the different middle school, site and/or program reporting requirements.)
Bi-lingual English/Spanish - REQUIRED. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include concepts of grammar and punctuation; stages of child development and learning styles; and age appropriate activities; and working with diverse youth. Exhibits well-developed problem-solving and communication skills. Knowledge of child development issues. Experience and ability in group facilitation and supervision. Strong familiarity with teen-related program activities. Must acquire CPR and First Aid certifications. Must pass criminal background clearance, drug test, TB test and other employment related reference checks. Must be available some evenings and/or Saturdays as needed for extended programs and/or training.
Compensation and Benefits
Position is not eligible for company sponsored benefits except as required by law.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Starting at $14.00 plus bilingual pay; starting rate will depend on experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in a stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. The job is performed under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness and in a clean atmosphere. Travel to multiple work sites for meetings and/or training using employee personal vehicle. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the timeThe employee will be required to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer, telephone, and fax machine.
Part time position
15-18 hours per week -primary hours are between 2:30p.m – 6:30 p.m. (may include evenings and weekends)