- Ability to work various locations on a flexible schedule with short notice
- Maintains positive professional relationships with all staff, volunteer, clients, and community partners
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures according to protocol
- Responsible for insuring ongoing neatness and sanitary condition of reception area, meeting rooms, and bathrooms
- Provides prompt and professional customer service and lobby/waiting room management
- Interacts and provides assistance to community by phone and in person
- Provide limited information and referrals to community and organizations as appropriate
- Work with staff to problem solve room reservations and clear communication between reception and various programs
- Operate and maintain office machines (i.e. copy machines, fax, printers, etc.)
- Ensures brochures, folders, and other materials for the lobbies, resource carts, and reception office(s) are stocked and up to date
- At the direction of direct manager supports agency with specific support tasks such as document development, calendaring, meeting prep and organization
- Completes SysAids and Tasks for IT support and facility needs
- Contributes to an environmentally safe workplace by reporting and handling safety concerns.
- Maintain and order supplies as needed
- Participates in staff meetings, supervision, training and other required agency and community meetings.
- Complete English/Spanish written document translation as needed
- Adheres to all agency policies and procedures including HIPAA and crisis intervention
- Must be able to work cooperatively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
Minimum of an Associate’s degree required (Bachelors preferred) or equivalent combination or education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Compensation and Benefits
Bilingual Spanish is required including reading and writing.
Ability to type 40 words per minute. Accurate spelling, grammatical usage, and excellent communication skills. Knowledge of MS Word, including strong formatting skills. Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and other current software as necessary. This position requires strong time management skills, exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills and flexibility. Must have superior proofreading and editing abilities. Must be able to work accurately in a timely manner with little or no supervision. Able to prioritize tasks. Must have a pleasant voice and manner. Ability and interest to increase responsibilities and achieve professional growth. Must be able to work a flexible schedule and be willing to travel in different office locations as needed. Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to think and express oneself in a creative manner. Demonstrates the interpersonal sensitivity and cultural competency needed for working with diverse populations, through a client-focused approach. Establish and maintain effective working relationships while showing open mindedness and a collaborative spirit. Compatibility with agency purpose, goals, philosophy, and approach. Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for their work. Utilizes a creative approach to problem solving. Interactions with others reflect a spirit of honesty, humbleness, and self-awareness. Accepts constructive criticism with a positive attitude and willingness to implement change. Ability to work well independently and demonstrate appropriate initiative. Must demonstrate knowledge of trauma Informed, client driven, and culturally competent care.
Reliable transportation. Must have a California driver license and good driving record. Willing to use own, properly insured, reliable vehicle for the job (mileage reimbursed). Employment subject to clearances, including background finger printing checks, driving record, tuberculosis testing, and drug testing.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Your well-being matters at North County Lifeline!
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy
Salary commensurate with experience and education. Differential pay offered for bilingual skills.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amount of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer. Use of personal vehicle during the course of employment required.
Non-exempt, Full-time, 40 hours a week- Monday – Friday- Flexible hours (between 8:30 am – 7:30 pm)