Host a Dropbox for this Year's Back to School Drive!
Lifeline is committed to helping the youth in all of our community-based programs start the year off right. We know that for many students from low-income families, having the necessary supplies at the beginning of the school year helps remove barriers to learning.Join us this year in meeting our goal of collecting over 500+ brand new backpacks filled with supplies--- together we can make sure our youth and young adults start off the school year right!
There are three ways you can help:
1. Shop our Amazon Wish List
2. Donate Online
3. Host your own back to school drive with your friends and family. Here are some tips and pointers on how to successfully host a dropbox at your office, neighborhood, or other places of gathering. (You can download a full donation drive kit/plan from the button below.)
1. Contact Anabel Melo, firstname.lastname@example.org / 760-842-6254 to sign up. She can also provide extras of the following:
- Electronic files or hard copies of posters or fliers to decorate your box/bin.
- Branded graphics and logos to allow personalization of marketing materials.
- Electronic or hard copies of a donation form for each donor to fill out when they drop off their backpack/supplies. This allows Lifeline to thank your donors and to ensure that they receive credit for their donations.
- Lifeline swag (limited quantities available) to give away to donors when they drop off.
3. Decorate the box. If possible, make the drop-off location area exciting (add balloons or streamers etc.) Smaller sized boxes/bins, as well as clear/seeing through boxes/bins give the appearance of fullness. A box/bin that appears full is more likely to entice donors to vie even more than a sad, empty box. You can replace with a bigger box as you receive donations.
- Below are some examples of boxes/bins:
5. Draft and forward an e-blast to your family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and anyone you think would like to participate. Let them know they can purchase a backpack and/or supplies or they can make a donation online or buy supplies from Amazon’s Wish List. You can begin letting people know on July 10th that the collection dates are from July 19 through August 1.
6. Continue to spread the word, with updated e-blasts and social media and drive traffic to your box and Lifeline’s website and Amazon account.
7. Deliver backpacks and all completed donation forms to Lifeline at 200 Michigan Avenue, Vista, CA 92084 no later than Friday August 5th. Backpacks will be distributed to a variety of Lifeline clients on Tuesday, August 8th, one week before the start of school.