- Helps the Program Supervisor in implementing the after school program.
- Assists the Site Supervisor in developing program curriculum and schedule activities.
- Coordinates program activities in alignment with the monthly schedule.
- Provides direct service and supervision to youth participants.
- Serves as a mentor and positive role model to youth.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with staff, parents, and youth.
- Attends meetings and trainings as required.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
(Note: The position may require varying duties based on the different middle school, site and/or program reporting requirements.)
Compensation and Benefits
- In order to meet the goals and objectives of the program, CIT must be between 17- 18 years of age.
- Must be interested in working with children between ages 6 to 11.
- Possesses flexibility and strong work ethic.
- CPR and First Aid certifications required.
- Exhibits well-developed problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience with youth is preferred.
- Familiarity with youth related program activities.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment clearances that includes drug & TB test and criminal background and reference checks
Physical Demands/Work Environment
DOE + bilingual pay.
Position is not eligible for company sponsored benefits except for benefits required by law. EOE
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed in a stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. The job is performed under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness and in a clean atmosphere. Employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
Primary hours are between 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. Some evenings and/or Saturdays as needed for extended programs and/or training
Part-Time - 8 hours a week