Select a position from the left to see full details and apply.
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, this position assists with the maintenance and operations of 11 buildings at 7 main sites (3 in Vista, 3 in Oceanside, 1 in San Marcos), plus 3 satellite offices which require minimal support (2 in Oceanside, 1 in Escondido). This position must ensure that facility related duties are prioritized and completed in a safe, timely, cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Maintain facilities in a clean, safe and professional appearance according to agency standards.
- Attend to assigned Tasks in a thorough and timely manner.
- Exercise good judgement and implement safety measures to minimize the risk of injury.
- Work efficiently with power and non-power tools such as screwdrivers, drills, saws, wrenches, levels, hammers, etc.
- Complete jobs involving basic to intermediate plumbing, electrical, carpentry, flooring, painting, drywall repair, framing, irrigation, furniture moving, and landscape.
- Work with contracted companies of HVAC, landscape and facility maintenance, pest control, security, and other vendors as required in supervisor’s absence. Maintain professional relationships. Any decision-making must be cleared through supervisor prior to consenting.
- Move, load and transport furnishings and supplies. Must be able to lift, hold, and move up to 75 pounds frequently.
- Assist with facility needs including expansion, renovation, and moving. Work closely with supervisor and staff to facilitate smooth and efficient transitions.
- Assist program managers in meeting contract compliance with administrative requirements of facilities.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of staff compliance with HIPAA regulations as they pertain to facilities maintenance, i.e., installation/use of computer locks, HIPAA door hardware and code assignment, etc.
- Set up for events as required; move and arrange furniture and set up chairs, tables, and equipment for special events and activities.
- Commute between agency facilities to perform assigned maintenance. Complete a monthly Mileage Sheet for mileage reimbursement when driving a personal vehicle for work purposes. Drive an agency vehicle as needed.
- Replace light bulbs, check fire extinguishers, and monitor exit lighting and other routine maintenance items as needed.
- Keep maintenance and storage areas clean and organized. Keep stock of tools and hardware.
- Provide back-up janitorial services upon request and as needed to ensure basic cleaning and maintenance of grounds and buildings is completed.
- Conduct regular on-site inspections of facilities, identifying, recording and resolving potential hazards and unsafe working conditions.
- Proactively monitor, test, and repair site systems such as irrigation, plumbing, lighting, etc.
- Assist in modifying employee workstations as directed by HR to meet ergonomic policy and standard compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local legislation and codes governing environmental health and safety as directed by supervisor.
- Respond promptly to emergencies and urgent issues as they arise, and report occurrences to supervisor.
- Use technology (computer, agency cell phone, copier, etc) to manage Tasks, correspond via email, submit paperwork, etc.)
- Complete other duties as assigned. Frequent reprioritization will be required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Minimum 2 years prior training and/or experience in building and grounds maintenance.
- Experience in light building trades, painting, minor plumbing, minor electrical, moving, irrigation, etc.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, as needed, in response to the agency’s needs.
- Able to work overtime as needed, including during emergencies and inclement weather.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing, including via text messaging, email, and voice calls.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to plan the use of work time efficiently.
- Ability to maintain focus on priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff.
- Be a motivated self-starter; take initiative with limited to no supervision.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of the job, including heavy work with exposure to inclement weather for prolonged periods. Must be able to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Maintain a valid California driver’s license; maintain an excellent driving record and a reliable vehicle; proof of current insurance and registration required; mileage reimbursement is provided. Use of personal vehicle for work purposes is required. Use of agency vehicle may be required as well.
- Use agency credit card for work-related purchases, and submit all associated documentation in a timely manner.
- Hire is contingent upon passing pre-employment clearances, including criminal background check, DMV, TB and drug test.
Your well-being matters at North County Lifeline!Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, look and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel and operate objects, tools and controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and/or crawl in small, confined areas. The employee must be willing to climb ladders to complete some tasks. The employee must have the ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. frequently. The employee will frequently work outdoors with exposure to a variety of weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee will be required to travel to multiple work sites.Work Schedule
Preferred: 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday (with exceptions as needed); negotiable.