To qualify to be a Parent Partner, you must be the parent, foster parent or primary caregiver of a youth who has received mental health services. Please include a description of your experience in your resume or cover letter. The Parent Partner uses this lived experience to help parents engage in our program’s therapy services. Parent Partners help parents to advocate, to better understand the mental health needs of the child, and to participate in therapy services in support of the child’s mental health goals.The position is part of a multi-disciplinary team in a school and community setting, working closely with therapists to ensure youth and families' success. Join us at a long-standing and well-respected social service agency, helping youth and families live better lives
- Helps parents understand and complete intake paperwork.
- Helps parents understand how mental health services work, and works with parents to identify needs and overcome obstacles preventing effective participation in services.
- Works with clinicians to ensure a family-centered treatment plan.
- Helps parents feel supported throughout the therapy process by aiding the parents in self-advocacy.
- Provides case management services via school, home visits and community settings, during the day and evening. Connects families to appropriate resources linkages in the community.
- Conducts parenting classes, including Parenting Difficult Teens.
- Helps parents identify and access informal support people and involve them in the treatment plan.
- Assists in making arrangements for “special needs” cases (Interpreter for language barriers or hearing impaired).
- Completes progress notes in CCBH (Anasazi) within defined timelines, and participates in program’s Quality Assurance process.
- Performs outreach activities within the school district and community as designated in county contract objectives.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays (13 days)
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture coverage
- Free health and wellness programs
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Great employee incentive award programs
- Training and education assistance
- Matched 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Menu of optional benefits, including short term disability, critical illness, accident, hospitalization and cancer policy
M-F- (based on program needs-may include evenings & weekends)
DOE plus bilingual pay