In response to the need for more resources and services for transitional age youth and young adults in the north county area, Just in Time for Foster Youth (JIT) and LifeSpring at North County Lifeline have combined our resources, and passion, to launch The House Drop-In Center.
In this unique and complimentary partnership, our drop-in center is designed to help overcome the geographic and transportation challenges for youth in North County seeking JIT services, and will allow JIT to increase its reach to an estimated 100 young people. LifeSpring will utilize the drop-in center for its current clients, and is currently expanding its services, at The House, beyond former foster youth to include services for homeless and at-risk transition age youth. All young adults at the drop-in center will have access to case management, crisis intervention, basic needs, housing navigation, referrals to other supportive services, as well as food, internet access, laundry/shower facilities, recreational space, and a welcoming home-like environment.
“This doesn't feel like a regular drop-in center. It feels more like a home.”
The LifeSpring Drop in Center is a safe, non-judgmental, and welcoming space for youth and young adult’s ages 16-27 years of age who are experiencinghomelessness or who are at risk of homelessness. There is no charge for any drop-in center services.
The House services include:
- Basic needs: food, clothing, hygiene, transportation, etc.
- Crisis intervention
- Assess for housing needs and enter into the CES/HMIS if appropriate
- Youth and young adult centered case management services (provide referrals for housing, mental health, substance use, parenting needs, and linkage to community resources)
- Access to shower and laundry facilities
- Prevention and diversion financial assistance
- Employment & Educational assistance
- Access to specialized services for youth and young adults who have experienced CSEC and/or human trafficking.
- Access to computers, printer, fax machine, and phone
- Peer support
- Personal documentation assistance (CA ID’s, birth certificates, social security card)
- Help connecting to public assistance (CalFresh, CashAid, Medi-Cal, SSI)
- Independent living skills workshop
- Street outreach
WHO WE HELP:
To be eligible for most of The House Drop-In Center services participants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 16-27
- Must be experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness