HERE Now (Suicide Prevention Program) Administrative Assistant
Lifeline’s HERE Now program focuses on preventing suicide by educating 7 th through 12 th grade youth and their families on the risk factors of suicide and reducing the stigma around seeking help for themselves or others. HERE Now provides services to all school districts in North County San Diego utilizing the SOS Signs of Suicide Prevention program curriculum, which uses a video that features stories from teens whose lives have been affected by depression and suicide.
- Assist program staff in facilitating classroom presentations by helping discuss the curriculum, distributing materials and collecting required paperwork and Response Cards.
- Assist staff in scheduling and facilitating individual student assessments
- Keeping track of student demographics and reporting outcomes of presentations
- Prepare individual surveys for each student (about 600, per school) participating in the program
- Must have clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be comfortable in office and classroom settings
- Ability to speak comfortably about the many facets of suicide
• Free Trainings
• Professional development in the field of Social Services/ Suicide Prevention
- Must be available on Mondays during business hours
- Administrative tasks will either take place in our Oceanside office (3142 Vista Way, Ste. 400, Oceanside 92056) or on-site at a school
- Minimum of 6 month commitment OR 1 semester for students